Koverse, an SAIC company, helps our customers use data intelligence to solve significant challenges. Our technology powers game-changing solutions with unprecedented scale, security, and performance. Our team has contributed to some of the biggest, most strategic data initiatives sponsored by government organizations and global industry leaders.
Everyone is a key contributor at Koverse. Our culture is focused on promoting an inclusive, respectful, fun, and productive work environment. We support transparency, accountability, meritocracy, and candid discussion whether working remotely or in the office.
We’re looking for tech savvy, curious, problem-solvers who enjoy tackling complex issues. Team players with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation. Go-getters who strive to exceed expectations and delight our customers in a fast-paced, evolving industry. Join us!
Koverse is looking for a dynamic, seasoned Software Engineer who will be part of a world-class team working to help customers realize the promise of big data. This role, preferably (but not required) based in the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore metro region, Seattle or Denver metro regions, will work with our highly advanced core software; which includes working with Apache Accumulo, Apache Thrift, Apache Spark, the Java Persistence API, and Google Guice to develop the foundation software for the Koverse platform using Java.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Develop the significant core technology of Koverse
- Design and implement software using distributed computing technologies
- Partner with our support team to troubleshoot issues
- Partner with our QA team to deliver high quality software
- Be willing to learn new technology and ask questions when you need help
- Participate in our SCRUM process
- Test your software thoroughly with unit testing
We are looking for the following technical experience:
- Robust experience with writing substantial software using Java
- Familiarity with distributed systems like Hadoop, HBase/Accumulo, or Kafka
- An understanding of writing parallelized algorithms for distributed systems
- A deep understanding of indexing and search techniques
- A good understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping technologies (like JPA)
- Experience with IoC containers (like Guice)
- Experience with thoroughly unit testing software (JUnit, etc)
- Familiarity with Apache Thrift is optional but desired
- Understanding of Object Oriented design patterns
- Familiarity with basic functional programming concepts
In addition you should have the following:
- 2+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Self-starter who can work as part of a partly-virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic environment
- BS in computer science, though an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree
Aside from our supportive culture, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- Hybrid model – work-from-home + in-office options
- Team lunch during on-site days
- Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- Occasional travel for company-wide meetings and social events
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: Low employee premiums with multiple levels of coverage available
- Company-paid life insurance
- Parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Referral program
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Koverse enables organizations to create and use data intelligence. Our technology is trusted by global industry leaders in biopharma, finance, government, professional services, and high tech. Our founders are former NSA data architects who created Apache Accumulo, the fast and scalable data store with cell-level security. Accumulo is the foundation for the Koverse Data Platform (KDP). Koverse is a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC with hubs in Seattle, Denver, and the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore metro areas.