Koverse is an intelligent solutions platform for digital business. We’re here to solve problems that were previously thought too difficult, enabling our clients to achieve new revenue and game-changing ways of doing business. Koverse empowers global industry leaders to build scalable, secure and high-performing solutions.
No one is better at doing what we do. Our team’s unique experience and expertise allows us to tackle the most challenging problems. Our founders were among the first modern data scientists at the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA), building the data infrastructure to handle the most complex challenges with unprecedented scale, security and performance. Our founders also created Apache Accumulo, the scalable and secure data store system widely-used in the most demanding environments.
Everyone is a key contributor to the value of Koverse. You may hear this from other companies, but we really mean it. Koverse is an especially fun place to work – the problems are meaningful and the technology is cutting-edge. And there’s significant “work from home” flexibility and responsibility. You get to focus on important projects, and we offer a work/life balance.
At Koverse, you are the driver of your own success. You own your path at Koverse and can grow your skills to the greatest level. Koverse employees are leaders in the big data space and get to work every day with cutting-edge big data and machine learning technologies, developing fun and interesting solutions that really make a difference for some of the world’s most innovative companies. Koverse values problem solvers and go-getters who exceed expectations in all that they do. We’re looking for candidates with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation.
Based in Seattle with offices in Denver, venture-backed Koverse empowers organizations to create new revenue opportunities and mission impact by enabling them to improve how they use data.
Koverse offers great benefits
Our teams work closely and benefit from the collective positive, passionate, ambitious, vibrant and entrepreneurial environment in which we work.
Additionally, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- A workplace supporting work-life balance
- Work from home flexibility
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance – substantial generous company-paid coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited personal time off
- Commuter and telecom assistance
Koverse is looking for a dynamic, seasoned Software Engineer that will be part of a world-class team working to help customers realize the promise of big data. This role, based in Seattle, will work with our highly advanced core software; which includes working with Apache Accumulo, Apache Thrift, Apache Spark, the Java Persistence API, and Google Guice to develop the foundation software for the Koverse platform using Java.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Develop the significant core technology of Koverse
- Design and implement software using distributed computing technologies
- Partner with our support team to troubleshoot issues
- Partner with our QA team to deliver high quality software
- Be willing to learn new technology and ask questions when you need help
- Participate in our SCRUM process
- Test your software thoroughly with unit testing
We are looking for the following technical experience:
- Robust experience with writing substantial software using Java
- Familiarity with distributed systems like Hadoop, HBase/Accumulo, or Kafka
- An understanding of writing parallelized algorithms for distributed systems
- A deep understanding of indexing and search techniques
- A good understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping technologies (like JPA)
- Experience with IoC containers (like Guice)
- Experience with thoroughly unit testing software (JUnit, etc)
- Experience with using AOP methodologies
- Familiarity with Apache Thrift is optional but desired
- Understanding of Object Oriented design patterns
- Familiarity with basic functional programming concepts
- Familiarity with basic aspect-oriented programming concepts
In addition you should have the following:
- 2+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Self-starter who can work as part of a partly-virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic environment
- BS in computer science, though an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, and you want to help customers realize the promise and power of big data and data driven solutions, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.