Last updated: 4 November 2020
Koverse is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that you have a positive experience on our website. This policy covers the Koverse website, and is applicable worldwide.
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
Collection of your Personal Data
We may collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our website:
- Email address
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Passive Collection” section below
Processing of your Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Products) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) such as:
- Responding to your requests or inquiries
- Providing you email updates
- Understanding how users find and navigate content on our website to improve its accessibility
You can choose whether to provide your name and email address to Koverse, but note that we will be unable to contact you if you do not provide this information. If you would like to discontinue our newsletter or other communications, you can update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in such emails or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your service account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Products.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Koverse’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
- Right of No Retaliation: While we may not be able to service requests from our website if you choose not to share your Personal Data, you will not be treated differently with respect to service, pricing, or status as a Koverse customer, prospect, partner, or affliate.
We will retain your name and email address until you withdraw your consent by using the "unsubscribe" link on any email we send you, or by your using the "Contact Us" section of this policy. Note that residual copies of your data may remain in archives and backups.
Koverse and our third party service providers (MonsterInsights and Google Analytics) automatically collect some information about you when you use our website, using methods such as cookies and tracking technologies (further described below). Information automatically collected includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the website and/or Products.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our website does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity while you are using the website. You may disable this data collection by configuring your browser to block cookies.
We partner with third parties (Google) to manage our advertising on other sites. These third party partners use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website, our affiliates’ websites, and unaffiliated websites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. With respect to our interest-based ads, we adhere to self-regulatory principles for online behavioral advertising.
We collect information about where you are located when you are using our website. We use this information in aggregate for purposes such as determining interest in our products and services by geographical region. We do not explicitly share this information with parties such as our data center provider and our advertising partners, however they are able to determine this on their own, subject to their privacy policies.
Sharing your Personal Data
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties for marketing purposes.
We share Personal Data within Koverse for marketing purposes.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Data as set forth in this policy. As required by law, we may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal process by disclosing your Personal Data and other related information, if necessary. We also may use Personal Data and other related information to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We collect and possibly share Personal Data and any other additional information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Koverse’s terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
Security of your Personal Data
Koverse is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us by using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
Linked websites and third party services
Our website and Products may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
Transfer and Storage of Personal Data
Our website and Products are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Koverse and its service providers. We may transfer your Personal Data to the U.S., to any Koverse affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using our website or any of our Products or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to the U.S. as set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on U.S. servers.
Standard Contractual Clauses
In certain cases, Koverse will transfer Personal Data from the EU in accordance with the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.
California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request the address below.
Attention: Information Security Team
999 Third Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104