Koverse is an intelligent solutions platform for digital business. We’re here to solve problems that were previously thought too difficult, enabling our clients to achieve new revenue and game-changing ways of doing business. Koverse empowers global industry leaders to build scalable, secure and high-performing solutions.
No one is better at doing what we do. Our team’s unique experience and expertise allows us to tackle the most challenging problems. Our founders were among the first modern data scientists at the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA), building the data infrastructure to handle the most complex challenges with unprecedented scale, security and performance. Our founders also created Apache Accumulo, the scalable and secure data store system widely-used in the most demanding environments.
Everyone is a key contributor to the value of Koverse. You may hear this from other companies, but we really mean it. Koverse is an especially fun place to work – the problems are meaningful and the technology is cutting-edge. And there’s significant “work from home” flexibility and responsibility. You get to focus on important projects, and we offer a work/life balance.
At Koverse, you are the driver of your own success. You own your path at Koverse and can grow your skills to the greatest level. Koverse employees are leaders in the big data space and get to work every day with cutting-edge big data and machine learning technologies, developing fun and interesting solutions that really make a difference for some of the world’s most innovative companies. Koverse values problem solvers and go-getters who exceed expectations in all that they do. We’re looking for candidates with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation.
Based in Seattle with offices in Denver, venture-backed Koverse empowers organizations to create new revenue opportunities and mission impact by enabling them to improve how they use data.
Koverse offers great benefits
Our teams work closely and benefit from the collective positive, passionate, ambitious, vibrant and entrepreneurial environment in which we work.
Additionally, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- A workplace supporting work-life balance
- Work from home flexibility
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance – substantial generous company-paid coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited personal time off
- Commuter and telecom assistance
Technical Project Manager
Koverse is looking for a dynamic, seasoned Technical Project Manager who will be part of a world-class team working to help customers realize the promise of big data. This role will manage the process, project deliverables, and development activities for complex, customer projects; acting as the primary face of the company to the customer, helping to guide their technical decisions and ensuring that deadlines are met.
This position is located in Seattle or Denver areas. Flexibility to travel occasionally (but not too frequently) to customer sites or Koverse locations, both domestically and internationally, is required.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Manage the project timeline and lead a small team of developers in executing projects according to contract terms
- Work closely with customers to ensure a successful experience using the Koverse platform
- Participate in deployment and implementation planning with customers
- Partner with our Solutions Architects to make technical implementation decisions on customer projects
- Write proposals for new projects and project extensions
- Produce and deliver oral and written project reports to customers and the larger Koverse team
- Contribute technical content and tutorials to product documentation
- Deliver customer training
- Collaborate with our Support team to troubleshoot issues
- Partner with our Sales team to qualify potential customers from a technical standpoint
- Communicate to the Koverse product development team customer requirements for bugs fixes and new features in the core product
We are looking for the following experience:
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-faceted software and technical projects
- Ability to work at multiple levels within the customer organization
- Capable of managing technical details with an eye on longer-term project goals
- Working knowledge of big data systems that use components of the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service providers (IaaS) such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Project Tracking systems such as Jira
- Ability to perform Scrum Master and Product Owner roles on various projects
In addition, you should have the following:
- 5+ years managing technical projects in a high-growth technology company, start-up and/or SaaS company
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, and you want to help customers realize the promise and power of big data and data driven solutions, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.