Koverse helps our customers use data intelligence to solve significant challenges. Our technology powers game-changing solutions with unprecedented scale, security, and performance. Our team has contributed to some of the biggest, most strategic data initiatives sponsored by government organizations and global industry leaders.
Everyone is a key contributor at Koverse. Our culture is focused on promoting a respectful, fun, and productive work environment. We support transparency, accountability, meritocracy, and candid discussion whether working remotely or in the office.
We’re looking for problem-solvers who enjoy tackling complex issues. Team players with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation. Go-getters who strive to exceed expectations and delight our customers. Join us!
Technical Project Manager – Services
Koverse is looking for a dynamic, seasoned Technical Project Manager who will be part of a world-class team working to help customers realize the promise of big data. This role will manage the process, project deliverables, and development activities for complex, customer projects; acting as the primary face of the company to the customer, helping to guide their technical decisions and ensuring that deadlines are met.
This position can be located in the Denver, Seattle, or Baltimore-Washington metro areas. Flexibility to travel occasionally (but not too frequently) to customer sites or Koverse locations, both domestically and internationally, is required.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Manage the project timeline and lead a small team of developers in executing projects according to contract terms
- Work closely with customers to ensure a successful experience using the Koverse platform
- Participate in deployment and implementation planning with customers
- Partner with our Solutions Architects to make technical implementation decisions on customer projects
- Write proposals for new projects and project extensions
- Produce and deliver oral and written project reports to customers and the larger Koverse team
- Contribute technical content and tutorials to product documentation
- Deliver customer training
- Collaborate with our Support team to troubleshoot issues
- Partner with our Sales team to qualify potential customers from a technical standpoint
- Communicate to the Koverse product development team customer requirements for bugs fixes and new features in the core product
We are looking for the following experience:
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-faceted software and technical projects
- Ability to work at multiple levels within the customer organization
- Capable of managing technical details with an eye on longer-term project goals
- Working knowledge of big data systems that use components of the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service providers (IaaS) such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Project Tracking systems such as Jira
- Ability to perform Scrum Master and Product Owner roles on various projects
In addition, you should have the following:
- 5+ years managing technical projects in a high-growth technology company, start-up and/or SaaS company
If this sounds like you, please send your resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the team. Please include the job title in the subject line and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aside from our supportive culture, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- Remote work-from-home + in-office options
- Team lunch during on-site days
- Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- Occasional travel for company-wide meetings and social events
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: Low employee premiums with multiple levels of coverage available
- Company-paid life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Stock options (Pre-IPO)
- Unlimited personal time off
Koverse enables organizations to create and use data intelligence. Our technology is trusted by global industry leaders in biopharma, finance, government, professional services, and high tech. Our founders are former NSA data architects who created Apache Accumulo, the fast and scalable data store with cell-level security. Accumulo is the foundation for the Koverse Intelligent Solutions Platform (KISP) which powers PwC’s Know Your Vendor and other intelligent solutions. Koverse is an employee-directed profitable company with hubs in Seattle, Denver, and the Washington-Baltimore metro areas.