Koverse powers intelligent solutions with complex data. We’re here to solve problems that were previously thought too difficult, enabling our clients to achieve new revenue and game-changing ways of doing business. Koverse empowers global industry leaders to build scalable, secure and high-performing solutions.
No one is better at doing what we do. Our team’s unique experience and expertise allows us to tackle the most challenging problems. Our founders were among the first modern data scientists at the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA), building the data infrastructure to handle the most complex challenges with unprecedented scale, security and performance. Our founders also created Apache Accumulo, the scalable and secure data store system widely-used in the most demanding environments.
Everyone is a key contributor to the value of Koverse. You may hear this from other companies, but we really mean it. Koverse is an especially fun place to work – the problems are meaningful and the technology is cutting-edge. And there’s significant “work from home” flexibility and responsibility. You get to focus on important projects, and we offer a work/life balance.
At Koverse, you are the driver of your own success. You own your path at Koverse and can grow your skills to the greatest level. Koverse employees are leaders in the big data space and get to work every day with cutting-edge big data and machine learning technologies, developing fun and interesting solutions that really make a difference for some of the world’s most innovative companies. Koverse values problem solvers and go-getters who exceed expectations in all that they do. We’re looking for candidates with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation.
Based in Seattle with offices in Denver, venture-backed Koverse empowers organizations to create new revenue opportunities and mission impact by enabling them to improve how they use data.
Koverse offers great benefits
Our teams work closely and benefit from the collective positive, passionate, ambitious, vibrant and entrepreneurial environment in which we work.
Additionally, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- A workplace supporting work-life balance
- Work from home flexibility
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance – substantial generous company-paid coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited personal time off
- Commuter and telecom assistance
Technical Project Manager – Product
Koverse is looking for a dynamic, seasoned Technical Project Manager who will be part of our world-class engineering team working to continually improve our products that deliver the promise of big data. This role will manage the process, project deliverables, and development activities for internal product development projects, working with stakeholders to gather requirements, manage resources, and ensure that deadlines are met.
This position is located in the Seattle area. Flexibility to travel occasionally (not frequently), is required.
As a Technical Project Manager at Koverse you will:
- Serve as the project manager and Scrum master for multiple products, responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating the engineering team. Evangelize and help the team follow Agile principles.
- Work closely and help educate product owners and stakeholders to establish prioritization of tasks, manage expectations, and gather requirements. Manage product roadmaps. Help ensure technology decisions support high level business strategies.
- Own the end-to-end delivery and timeline of products features through the process of design, development, and testing. Track overall project status, report on key deliverables. Proactively lead change, identify potential risks, and build contingency plans.
- Empower the engineering team and help maintain efficiency by managing resources and removing roadblocks. Lead the team in tracking capacity and forecasting the delivery schedules. Help allocate resources to meet business requirements.
- Manage release schedules.
- Coordinate deliverables and communication with support and marketing.
- Maintain an exceptional level of customer focus centered on integrity and transparency.
We are looking for the following experience:
- 3 or more years of experience leading Agile Scrum teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required in Computer Science or a related field.
- Comfortable leading high performing technical teams through the development and deployment of complex solutions
- Highly skilled in conflict resolution and managing expectations of stakeholders with a wide range of backgrounds
- Skilled in mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building. An effective team player who enjoys collaboration and can influence with or without authority
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with solid experience providing executive level presentations and status reporting
- Good creative problem solving and analytical skills for risk identification and mitigation
- Ability to work independently, and with minimal supervision
- Experience with Atlassian tools
- Hands on experience with programming languages and software development tools is a plus
- Experience with distributed technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, etc a plus.
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, and you want to help customers realize the promise and power of big data and data driven solutions, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.