Koverse helps our customers use data intelligence to solve significant challenges. Our technology powers game-changing solutions with unprecedented scale, security, and performance. Our team has contributed to some of the biggest, most strategic data initiatives sponsored by government organizations and global industry leaders.
Everyone is a key contributor at Koverse. Our culture is focused on promoting a respectful, fun, and productive work environment. We support transparency, accountability, meritocracy, and candid discussion whether working remotely or in the office.
We’re looking for problem-solvers who enjoy tackling complex issues. Team players with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation. Go-getters who strive to exceed expectations and delight our customers. Join us!
Koverse is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our fun, entrepreneurial, innovative and collaborative team. This position can be located in any of the Koverse hubs: Seattle, Denver, or Washington-Baltimore metro areas. Flexibility to travel occasionally (but not too frequently) to customer sites or Koverse locations, both domestically and internationally, is required.
As a Solutions Architect you will:
- Work directly with customers in a technical role to help ensure smooth adoption of the Koverse platform and develop cutting-edge solutions using the Koverse platform
- Spec, build, test and deploy customized machine learning and/or other mission-focused applications based on customer requirements
- Participate in deployment and implementation planning with customers
- Directly assist with installation and setup of the Koverse platform
- Produce customer documentation to support custom applications
- Contribute technical content and tutorials to product documentation
- Deliver customer training
We are looking for the following technical experience:
- Familiarity with distributed systems like Hadoop, HBase/Accumulo, Spark and Kafka OR Basic knowledge of Machine Learning concepts and technology
- Experience writing scripts using Linux shell, Python, or similar scripting language
- Experience working with Cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
Experience working with Linux to install and maintain a distributed computing infrastructure
In addition, you should have the following:
- Professional experience as a full-stack developer, systems engineer, solutions architect, or similar role
- Excellent written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Proven exceptional oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with customers
- Self-starter who can work as part of a virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Flexibility to take on a wide variety of technical tasks
- BA or BS in a technical field of study, though an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree
If this sounds like you, please send your resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the team. Please include the job title in the subject line and email email@example.com.
Aside from our supportive culture, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- Remote work-from-home + in-office options
- Team lunch during on-site days
- Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- Occasional travel for company-wide meetings and social events
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: Low employee premiums with multiple levels of coverage available
- Company-paid life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Stock options (Pre-IPO)
- Unlimited personal time off
Koverse enables organizations to create and use data intelligence. Our technology is trusted by global industry leaders in biopharma, finance, government, professional services, and high tech. Our founders are former NSA data architects who created Apache Accumulo, the fast and scalable data store with cell-level security. Accumulo is the foundation for the Koverse Intelligent Solutions Platform (KISP) which powers PwC’s Know Your Vendor and other intelligent solutions. Koverse is an employee-directed profitable company with hubs in Seattle, Denver, and the Washington-Baltimore metro areas.