Koverse, an SAIC company, helps our customers use data intelligence to solve significant challenges. Our technology powers game-changing solutions with unprecedented scale, security, and performance. Our team has contributed to some of the biggest, most strategic data initiatives sponsored by government organizations and global industry leaders.
Everyone is a key contributor at Koverse. Our culture is focused on promoting an inclusive, respectful, fun, and productive work environment. We support transparency, accountability, meritocracy, and candid discussion whether working remotely or in the office.
We’re looking for tech savvy, curious, problem-solvers who enjoy tackling complex issues. Team players with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation. Go-getters who strive to exceed expectations and delight our customers in a fast-paced, evolving industry. Join us!
Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
Koverse is looking for an experienced Sr. UX Designer to join our Product Development team. In this role, you will research and design the user experience for sophisticated and secure data-driven products. Experience designing delightful, intuitive business applications is a must. This is a contract-to-hire or contract position. Flexibility to travel a few times per year to other Koverse office locations or client sites. This role, preferably (but not required) is based in the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore metro region, Seattle or Denver metro regions.
As a UX Designer you will:
- Work with stakeholders to set priorities and find elegant design solutions that meet user and business goals within technical constraints
- Create UX deliverables / artifacts such as experience maps, flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Be an advocate for the user, championing usability and accessibility
- Plan and conduct various forms of user research and testing depending on the needs of the project
- Document your process and clearly communicate your ideas to others in the company
- Drive design processes and methodologies that support user centered product development
We are looking for the following technical experience:
- Expertise in prototyping tools such as Axure and Invision (or in similar solutions)
- Experienced in designing complex and data intensive products and platforms
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative testing to evaluate function, performance, and usability
In addition, you should have the following:
- Strong design portfolio
- 5+ years professional experience designing business applications
- Excellent written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Proven exceptional oral communication skills
- Self-starter who can work as part of a virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Formal design education preferred
Aside from our supportive culture, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- Hybrid model – work-from-home + in-office options
- Team lunch during on-site days
- Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- Occasional travel for company-wide meetings and social events
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: Low employee premiums with multiple levels of coverage available
- Company-paid life insurance
- Parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Referral program
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Koverse enables organizations to create and use data intelligence. Our technology is trusted by global industry leaders in biopharma, finance, government, professional services, and high tech. Our founders are former NSA data architects who created Apache Accumulo, the fast and scalable data store with cell-level security. Accumulo is the foundation for the Koverse Data Platform (KDP). Koverse is a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC with hubs in Seattle, Denver, and the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore metro areas.