Koverse helps organizations create and use data intelligence. We’re here to solve problems that were previously thought too difficult, enabling our clients to achieve new revenue and game-changing ways of doing business. Koverse empowers global industry leaders to build scalable, secure and high-performing solutions.
No one is better at doing what we do. Our team’s unique experience and expertise allows us to tackle the most challenging problems. Our founders were among the first modern data scientists at the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA), building the data infrastructure to handle the most complex challenges with unprecedented scale, security and performance. Our founders also created Apache Accumulo, the scalable and secure data store system widely-used in the most demanding environments.
Everyone is a key contributor to the value of Koverse. You may hear this from other companies, but we really mean it. Koverse is an especially fun place to work – the problems are meaningful and the technology is cutting-edge. And there’s significant “work from home” flexibility and responsibility. You get to focus on important projects, and we offer a work/life balance.
At Koverse, you are the driver of your own success. You own your path at Koverse and can grow your skills to the greatest level. Koverse employees are leaders in the big data space and get to work every day with cutting-edge big data and machine learning technologies, developing fun and interesting solutions that really make a difference for some of the world’s most innovative companies. Koverse values problem solvers and go-getters who exceed expectations in all that they do. We’re looking for candidates with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation.
Based in Seattle with offices in Denver, venture-backed Koverse empowers organizations to create new revenue opportunities and mission impact by enabling them to improve how they use data.
Koverse offers great benefits
Our teams work closely and benefit from the collective positive, passionate, ambitious, vibrant and entrepreneurial environment in which we work.
Additionally, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- A workplace supporting work-life balance
- Work from home flexibility
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance – substantial generous company-paid coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited personal time off
- Commuter and telecom assistance
Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
Koverse is looking for an experienced Sr. UX Designer to join our Product Development team. In this role, you will research and design the user experience for sophisticated and secure data-driven products. Experience designing delightful, intuitive business applications is a must. This is a contract-to-hire or contract position located in the Seattle or Portland area. Our work environment supports 80% – 90% remote work with the remaining time in the office. Flexibility to travel a few times per year to other Koverse office locations or client sites.
As a UX Designer you will:
- Work with stakeholders to set priorities and find elegant design solutions that meet user and business goals within technical constraints
- Create UX deliverables / artifacts such as experience maps, flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Be an advocate for the user, championing usability and accessibility
- Plan and conduct various forms of user research and testing depending on the needs of the project
- Document your process and clearly communicate your ideas to others in the company
- Drive design processes and methodologies that support user centered product development
We are looking for the following technical experience:
- Expertise in prototyping tools such as Axure and Invision (or in similar solutions)
- Experienced in designing complex and data intensive products and platforms
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative testing to evaluate function, performance, and usability
In addition, you should have the following:
- Strong design portfolio
- 5+ years professional experience designing business applications
- Excellent written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Proven exceptional oral communication skills
- Self-starter who can work as part of a virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Formal design education preferred
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, and you want to help customers realize the promise and power of big data and data driven solutions, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.