Koverse powers intelligent solutions with complex data. We’re here to solve problems that were previously thought too difficult, enabling our clients to achieve new revenue and game-changing ways of doing business. Koverse empowers global industry leaders to build scalable, secure and high-performing solutions.
No one is better at doing what we do. Our team’s unique experience and expertise allows us to tackle the most challenging problems. Our founders were among the first modern data scientists at the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA), building the data infrastructure to handle the most complex challenges with unprecedented scale, security and performance. Our founders also created Apache Accumulo, the scalable and secure data store system widely-used in the most demanding environments.
Everyone is a key contributor to the value of Koverse. You may hear this from other companies, but we really mean it. Koverse is an especially fun place to work – the problems are meaningful and the technology is cutting-edge. And there’s significant “work from home” flexibility and responsibility. You get to focus on important projects, and we offer a work/life balance.
At Koverse, you are the driver of your own success. You own your path at Koverse and can grow your skills to the greatest level. Koverse employees are leaders in the big data space and get to work every day with cutting-edge big data and machine learning technologies, developing fun and interesting solutions that really make a difference for some of the world’s most innovative companies. Koverse values problem solvers and go-getters who exceed expectations in all that they do. We’re looking for candidates with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation.
Based in Seattle with offices in Denver, venture-backed Koverse empowers organizations to create new revenue opportunities and mission impact by enabling them to improve how they use data.
Koverse offers great benefits
Our teams work closely and benefit from the collective positive, passionate, ambitious, vibrant and entrepreneurial environment in which we work.
Additionally, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- A workplace supporting work-life balance
- Work from home flexibility
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance – substantial generous company-paid coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited personal time off
- Commuter and telecom assistance
Director of Engineering
Koverse is looking for an experienced (Senior) Director of Engineering to join our fun, entrepreneurial, innovative and collaborative team. This position is located in the Seattle Metro area. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take ownership of their position, as you will be building and leading engineers and consistently delivering high-quality software solutions and products at Koverse. The right candidate will also be able to shape the future of an entire Product Development team!
As Director of Engineering at Koverse you will:
- Lead the engineering team – Provide leadership for engineers working multiple concurrent projects and oversee the team’s agile process. Ensure operational excellence. Inspire engineering team members to take ownership for their work, create great product offerings that meet customer needs, and grow professionally.
- Collaborate – Advise leadership to ensure technology decisions support high level business strategies. Identify business opportunities and define technical vision and future investments. Develop a collaborative relationship with our support and services team. Help to identify and evaluate third-party vendors and partners and help manage the technical aspects of those relationships. Promote transparency so team members understand reasons behind requests.
- Provide vision and planning – Own the end-to-end delivery and timeline of products features through the process of design, development, and testing. Help manage product road maps. Lead the team in tracking capacity and forecasting the delivery schedules. Help allocate resources to meet business requirements. Make sure each team member understands their individual role in executing strategies.
- Establish metrics and standards to drive operational stability, product quality, and reduce risk. Gather information to quantify the impact of team efforts and outside factors. Manage performance improvement programs.
- Promote best practices – Ensure systems have high availability and performance. Help identify the proper development toolchain. Ensure consistent practices to drive quality assurance, and maintenance. Promote security-conscious engineering. Rally the engineering team to meet commitments. Find ways to fix and evolve the development processes to optimize efficiency and velocity. Remove roadblocks via activities such as clarifying requirements so team can be more productive. Help ensure team scalability by using modern practices such as automated CI/CD.
- Grow a world-class team and engineering culture. Inspire and attract key talent. Mentor and motivate team members and ensure the ongoing training and development via code reviews and evangelizing best practices. Use problems as teaching moments, and guide teams by sharing insights when needed. Share sincere and specific praise as well as critical feedback in tactful and constructive ways. Drive positivity.
- Focus on the customer – Drive the team to prioritize the best possible customer experiences that help achieve business goals. Grasp the impact that all decisions will make on product users. Have a passion for customer success and the impact of your work.
We are looking for the following experience:
- 7-10 years of experience managing successful scalable software development projects from discovery, through design, development, and product launch using Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Excel, Slack, Jira, Confluence, etc. Familiarity with our technologies, including distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL systems, distributed search, etc., is a plus. A strong curiosity and desire to learn new leading-edge technologies. A history of technical contributions to the industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences. Keeps a focus on the bigger picture and gets teams to work towards common goals.
- Solid leadership skills in attracting, retaining, and developing talent. Experience managing engineers directly. Should have a good understanding the jobs of team members, including their everyday tasks and challenges.
- Highly detail oriented and well organized. Experience managing and balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Has the ability to consider the thoughts and perspectives of the team and then makes decisions and commits to them.
- Strong analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent additional experience.
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, and you want to help customers realize the promise and power of big data and data driven solutions, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.