Koverse is an intelligent solutions platform for digital business. We’re here to solve problems that were previously thought too difficult, enabling our clients to achieve new revenue and game-changing ways of doing business. Koverse empowers global industry leaders to build scalable, secure and high-performing solutions.
No one is better at doing what we do. Our team’s unique experience and expertise allows us to tackle the most challenging problems. Our founders were among the first modern data scientists at the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA), building the data infrastructure to handle the most complex challenges with unprecedented scale, security and performance. Our founders also created Apache Accumulo, the scalable and secure data store system widely-used in the most demanding environments.
Everyone is a key contributor to the value of Koverse. You may hear this from other companies, but we really mean it. Koverse is an especially fun place to work – the problems are meaningful and the technology is cutting-edge. And there’s significant “work from home” flexibility and responsibility. You get to focus on important projects, and we offer a work/life balance.
At Koverse, you are the driver of your own success. You own your path at Koverse and can grow your skills to the greatest level. Koverse employees are leaders in the big data space and get to work every day with cutting-edge big data and machine learning technologies, developing fun and interesting solutions that really make a difference for some of the world’s most innovative companies. Koverse values problem solvers and go-getters who exceed expectations in all that they do. We’re looking for candidates with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation.
Based in Seattle with offices in Denver, venture-backed Koverse empowers organizations to create new revenue opportunities and mission impact by enabling them to improve how they use data.
Koverse offers great benefits
Our teams work closely and benefit from the collective positive, passionate, ambitious, vibrant and entrepreneurial environment in which we work.
Additionally, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- A workplace supporting work-life balance
- Work from home flexibility
- Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance – substantial generous company-paid coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited personal time off
- Commuter and telecom assistance
Koverse is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our fun, entrepreneurial, innovative and collaborative team. This position is located in the Denver area or the Northwest (Seattle, Portland, Eugene). This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take ownership of their position, as you will be leading the creation of this new DevOps role at Koverse. The right candidate will also be able to shape the future of an entire DevOps team!
As a DevOps Engineer you will:
- Design, deploy, configure and support Koverse’s managed services offerings
- Design and implement security architectures for Koverse managed services offerings
- Participate in deployment and implementation planning with customers
- Directly interact with customers to troubleshoot and resolve problems with their Koverse software deployments
- Directly assist with installation and setup of the Koverse platform
- Produce internal documentation regarding configuration and deployment of Koverse software and managed services
- Build Koverse software and package for deployment to customer systems
- Manage internal test and integration systems, possibly including automated deployment of new software builds
We are looking for the following technical experience:
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Experience with scripting (Linux shell or Python)
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Openstack)
- Experience with source control technologies (Git, Bitbucket, SVN, VSTS, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration technologies (Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS )
- Experience with infrastructure automation (like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation)
- Experience with deployment automation and orchestration (like Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy)
- Familiarity with distributed systems like Hadoop, HBase/Accumulo, Cloudera Manager, Hortonworks Ambari, Spark, Kafka and NiFi
- Security training (Security+ or similar)
- Familiarity with networking concepts
- Familiarity with containers (LXD, Docker)
- Familiarity with orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Experience managing RDBMS systems
In addition, you should have the following:
- Professional experience as a DevOps Engineer, Systems Administrator, Cloud Architect or similar role
- Strong emphasis on customer success
- Strong skills and interest in testing and automation
- Self-starter who can work as part of a virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Proven exceptional oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to bridge the functions of development, operations and support teams
- BA or BS in a technical field of study, though an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, and you want to help customers realize the promise and power of big data and data driven solutions, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.