Koverse helps our customers use data intelligence to solve significant challenges. Our technology powers game-changing solutions with unprecedented scale, security, and performance. Our team has contributed to some of the biggest, most strategic data initiatives sponsored by government organizations and global industry leaders.
Everyone is a key contributor at Koverse. Our culture is focused on promoting a respectful, fun, and productive work environment. We support transparency, accountability, meritocracy, and candid discussion whether working remotely or in the office.
We’re looking for problem-solvers who enjoy tackling complex issues. Team players with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation. Go-getters who strive to exceed expectations and delight our customers. Join us!
Koverse is looking for a highly skilled DevOps Engineer who will be part of a world-class team working to build out a new suite of highly scalable cloud-based services. This position can be located in any of the Koverse hubs: Seattle, Denver, Portland or Washington-Baltimore metro areas.
As a DevOps Engineer you will:
- Work with the product development team in deploying scalable micro-services to multiple cloud providers using Kubernetes
- Drive the development of CI/CD software pipelines
- Assist in creating AMIs and other cloud machine images
- Help design monitoring and metering systems
- Aid in ensuring our services leverage cloud services to their fullest
- Evaluate and harden services from a security perspectiveDevelop the significant core technology of Koverse
We are looking for the following technical experience:
- Background in building scalable cloud microservices
- Experience automating production deployments of multi-tenant services
- Skilled in developing containerized services with Docker, Helm, Skaffold, and Kubernetes
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines consisting of tools like Jenkins, Nexus, and GitHub actions
- Good familiarity with services of major cloud providers
- Strong system security background
- System administration proficiency with Linux
- Programming background in Java, Scala, Node, or Python a plus
In addition you should have the following:
- 5+ years of experience as a devops engineer
- Self-starter who can work as part of a partly-virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic environment
- BS in computer science, though an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree
If this sounds like you, please send your resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the team. Please include the job title in the subject line and email email@example.com.
Aside from our supportive culture, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- Remote work-from-home + in-office options
- Team lunch during on-site days
- Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- Occasional travel for company-wide meetings and social events
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: Low employee premiums with multiple levels of coverage available
- Company-paid life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Stock options (Pre-IPO)
- Unlimited personal time off
Koverse enables organizations to create and use data intelligence. Our technology is trusted by global industry leaders in biopharma, finance, government, professional services, and high tech. Our founders are former NSA data architects who created Apache Accumulo, the fast and scalable data store with cell-level security. Accumulo is the foundation for the Koverse Intelligent Solutions Platform (KISP) which powers PwC’s Know Your Vendor and other intelligent solutions. Koverse is an employee-directed profitable company with hubs in Seattle, Denver, and the Washington-Baltimore metro areas.