Koverse helps our customers use data intelligence to solve significant challenges. Our technology powers game-changing solutions with unprecedented scale, security, and performance. Our team has contributed to some of the biggest, most strategic data initiatives sponsored by government organizations and global industry leaders.
Everyone is a key contributor at Koverse. Our culture is focused on promoting a respectful, fun, and productive work environment. We support transparency, accountability, meritocracy, and candid discussion whether working remotely or in the office.
We’re looking for problem-solvers who enjoy tackling complex issues. Team players with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation. Go-getters who strive to exceed expectations and delight our customers. Join us!
Koverse is looking for a Data Scientist to join our fun, entrepreneurial, innovative and collaborative team. This position can be located in any of the Koverse hubs: Seattle, Denver, Portland, Eugene, or Washington-Baltimore metro areas. Flexibility to travel occasionally (but not too frequently) to customer sites or Koverse locations, both domestically and internationally, is required.
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Work directly with customers in a technical role to help ensure smooth adoption of Koverse software and develop cutting-edge solutions using Koverse software
- Listen to customers and act as a consultative partner to help them uncover actionable insights from their data
- Spec, build, test and deploy customized machine learning and/or other mission-focused data science applications based on customer requirements
- Produce customer documentation and reports to communicate results
- Contribute technical content and tutorials to custom application documentation
We are looking for the following technical experience:
- Practical experience with state-of-the-art data mining, statistical modeling, data science, and machine learning techniques and libraries
- Use of Python or Scala for data science applications
- Notebook environments such as Jupyter and Zeppelin
- Experience with Apache Spark (e.g., PySpark, MLlib, and/or Spark with Scala)
- Using well-know data science libraries to create visualizations and communicate results
- Experience cleaning messy, incomplete, or imperfect data
- Experience with feature extraction and feature engineering techniques
In addition, you should have the following:
- 3+ years professional experience as a data scientist
- Excellent written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Proven exceptional oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with customers
- Self-starter who can work as part of a virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic environment
- BA or BS in a technical field of study, though an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree
If this sounds like you, please send your resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the team. Please include the job title in the subject line and email email@example.com.
Aside from our supportive culture, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- Remote work-from-home + in-office options
- Team lunch during on-site days
- Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- Occasional travel for company-wide meetings and social events
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: Low employee premiums with multiple levels of coverage available
- Company-paid life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Stock options (Pre-IPO)
- Unlimited personal time off
Koverse enables organizations to create and use data intelligence. Our technology is trusted by global industry leaders in biopharma, finance, government, professional services, and high tech. Our founders are former NSA data architects who created Apache Accumulo, the fast and scalable data store with cell-level security. Accumulo is the foundation for the Koverse Intelligent Solutions Platform (KISP) which powers PwC’s Know Your Vendor and other intelligent solutions. Koverse is an employee-directed profitable company with hubs in Seattle, Denver, and the Washington-Baltimore metro areas.