Koverse, an SAIC company, provides a data management platform enabling artificial intelligence and machine learning on complex, sensitive data. Our technology powers game-changing solutions with unprecedented scale, security, and performance. Our team has contributed to some of the biggest, most strategic data initiatives for global industry leaders and government organizations.
Everyone is a key contributor at Koverse. Diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging aren’t just promises—they’re a reality. We are committed to a fair and collaborative environment where all are welcomed and empowered to do great work. We recognize and reward everyone’s strengths. We support transparency, accountability, meritocracy, and candid discussion whether working remotely or in the office.
We’re looking for tech savvy team players with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation. We want problem-solvers who enjoy learning new things and tackling complex issues in a fast-paced, evolving industry. We are dedicated to a positive work environment and delighting our customers with every capability and engagement we deliver. We have a friendly and fun culture and we understand the importance of work/life balance. Join us!
Koverse is looking for a Data Scientist who will be part of a world-class team working to help customers realize the promise of big data.. This role, preferably (but not required) is based in the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore metro region, Seattle or Denver metro regions. Flexibility to travel occasionally (but not too frequently) to customer sites or Koverse locations, both domestically and internationally, is required.
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Work directly with customers in a technical role to help ensure smooth adoption of Koverse software and develop cutting-edge solutions using Koverse software
- Listen to customers and act as a consultative partner to help them uncover actionable insights from their data
- Spec, build, test and deploy customized machine learning and/or other mission-focused data science applications based on customer requirements
- Produce customer documentation and reports to communicate results
- Contribute technical content and tutorials to custom application documentation
We are looking for the following technical experience:
- Practical experience with state-of-the-art data mining, statistical modeling, data science, and machine learning techniques and libraries
- Use of Python or Scala for data science applications
- Notebook environments such as Jupyter and Zeppelin
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Using well-know data science libraries to create visualizations and communicate results
- Experience cleaning messy, incomplete, or imperfect data
- Experience with feature extraction and feature engineering techniques
In addition, you should have the following:
- 3+ years professional experience as a data scientist
- Excellent written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Proven exceptional oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with customers
- Self-starter who can work as part of a virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic environment
- BA or BS in a technical field of study, though an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- This position will have to be clearable – meaning you should be able to and are willing to obtain a government clearance if you do not already have a government clearance
Aside from our supportive culture, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- Remote work-from-home + in-office options
- Team lunch during on-site days
- Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- Occasional travel for company-wide meetings and social events
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: Low employee premiums with multiple levels of coverage available
- Company-paid life insurance
- Parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Referral program
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Koverse enables organizations to create and use data intelligence. Our technology is trusted by global industry leaders in biopharma, finance, government, professional services, and high tech. Our founders are former NSA data architects who created Apache Accumulo, the fast and scalable data store with cell-level security. Accumulo is the foundation for the Koverse Data Platform (KDP). Koverse is a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC with hubs in Seattle, Denver, and the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore metro areas.