Koverse, an SAIC company, provides a data management platform enabling artificial intelligence and machine learning on complex, sensitive data. Our technology powers game-changing solutions with unprecedented scale, security, and performance. Our team has contributed to some of the biggest, most strategic data initiatives for global industry leaders and government organizations.
Everyone is a key contributor at Koverse. Diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging aren’t just promises—they’re a reality. We are committed to a fair and collaborative environment where all are welcomed and empowered to do great work. We recognize and reward everyone’s strengths. We support transparency, accountability, meritocracy, and candid discussion whether working remotely or in the office.
We’re looking for tech savvy team players with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation. We want problem-solvers who enjoy learning new things and tackling complex issues in a fast-paced, evolving industry. We are dedicated to a positive work environment and delighting our customers with every capability and engagement we deliver. We have a friendly and fun culture and we understand the importance of work/life balance. Join us!
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer – Managed Services
Koverse is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer who will be part of a world-class team working to help customers realize the promise of big data. This role, preferably (but not required) is based in the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore metro region, Seattle or Denver metro regions. Flexibility to travel occasionally (but not too frequently) to customer sites or Koverse locations, both domestically and internationally, is required.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Work directly with customers in a technical role to help ensure smooth adoption of the Koverse platform and develop cutting-edge solutions using the Koverse platform
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining Koverse systems
- Participate in deployment and implementation planning with customers
- Identify and evaluate problems in Koverse systems
- Directly assist with installation and setup of the Koverse platform
- Produce customer documentation to support custom applications
- Contribute technical content and tutorials to product documentation
- Deliver customer training
We are looking for the following technical experience:
- Familiarity with distributed systems like Hadoop, HBase/Accumulo, Spark and Kafka
- Deploying and managing Cloud infrastructure in Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes or Docker Compose
- Experience writing scripts using Linux shell, Python, or similar scripting language
- Experience working with Linux to install and maintain a distributed computing infrastructure, ideally leveraging automation tools like Puppet or Ansible
- Basic understanding of data engineering and machine learning concepts and technology
In addition, you should have the following:
- Professional experience as a cloud infrastructure engineer or similar role
- Excellent written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Proven exceptional oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with customers
- Self-starter who can work as part of a virtual team and remain motivated in a dynamic environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Flexibility to take on a wide variety of technical tasks
- BA or BS in a technical field of study, though an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Flexibility to travel as required (approximately 25-50% of time)
- This position will have to be clearable – meaning you should be able to and are willing to obtain a government clearance if you do not already have a government clearance
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Koverse enables organizations to create and use data intelligence. Our technology is trusted by global industry leaders in biopharma, finance, government, professional services, and high tech. Our founders are former NSA data architects who created Apache Accumulo, the fast and scalable data store with cell-level security. Accumulo is the foundation for the Koverse Data Platform (KDP). Koverse is a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC with hubs in Seattle, Denver, and the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore metro areas.