Koverse, an SAIC company, provides a data management platform enabling artificial intelligence and machine learning on complex, sensitive data. Our technology powers game-changing solutions with unprecedented scale, security, and performance. Our team has contributed to some of the biggest, most strategic data initiatives for global industry leaders and government organizations.
Everyone is a key contributor at Koverse. Diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging aren’t just promises—they’re a reality. We are committed to a fair and collaborative environment where all are welcomed and empowered to do great work. We recognize and reward everyone’s strengths. We support transparency, accountability, meritocracy, and candid discussion whether working remotely or in the office.
We’re looking for tech savvy team players with proven expertise and enthusiasm for innovation. We want problem-solvers who enjoy learning new things and tackling complex issues in a fast-paced, evolving industry. We are dedicated to a positive work environment and delighting our customers with every capability and engagement we deliver. We have a friendly and fun culture and we understand the importance of work/life balance. Join us!
Koverse is looking for a high energy, can-do Administrative Specialist who will be part of a world-class team working to help customers realize the promise of big data. This role, based in the Seattle metro region, will support the executive team, working closely alongside the Resources Director and Director of Finance and Operations. A successful Administrative Specialist candidate is an efficient multitasker with strong attention to detail. With limited guidance, you can effectively prioritize and react with appropriate levels of urgency to timely situations and events. You are someone highly self-motivated with a strong sense of initiative. You also anticipate needs and are a driving force in keeping the executive team organized and day-to-day operations running smoothly.
The ideal candidate will also have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to think critically and solve problems. High levels of integrity and discretion in handling company confidential or sensitive information is a must and a high degree of professionalism is required.
As an Administrative Specialist you will:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where every day is different
- Perform general administrative activities for the Seattle office
- Will serve as a coordinator for company meetings and department activities
- Perform administrative projects including coordinating, tracking or analyzing budgets; researching information to respond to questions; updating databases and organizational charts; creating monthly reports or analyses; organizing materials. May research background material and collect data for reports, meetings, events, or communications (internal and external)
- Edit copy for spelling, grammar and layout
- May coordinate special projects or phases of special projects as assigned by the executive team
- Actively engage with the executive team to learn about and support corporate goals, company best practices, cascade communications and develop open communication paths
- Provide timely responses and support to employees and contractors requiring travel assistance
- Process expenses in Divvy (corporate purchasing card), assisting in monthly company credit card reconciliation and reporting to credit card users
- Assist in monthly reconciliation and processing of client billable and employee non-billable travel and expenses in Harvest (a time tracking application), assisting in timely missing receipt collections and expense entries in Harvest
- Assist with a variety of finance and operations month-end close tasks and spreadsheet updates
- Perform additional assignments per executive team direction
We are looking for the following experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting executives, preferably multiple executives at once, in a high tech and/or start-up environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity; ability to exercise quick and accurate judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Effective and proactive problem-solver, analyzing all situations thoroughly in order to anticipate problems before they arise and respond with sound judgment
- Ability to multitask, work independently, set priorities, and work under pressure to meet changing deadlines while maintaining quality and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, easygoing attitude, and ability to work well with different personalities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), and G Suite (Sheets, Docs, Forms, Slides)
- Working experience with QuickBooks Online desired
- Flexibility to work around the executive team’s schedules and multiple time zones highly desired
- Able to identify and research problems to drive solutions and solve problems
- Team player mentality with a desire to work cooperatively with all levels of the business to support a sense of corporate well being
- Self-motivated and able to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles/practices and leverage technology to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Demonstrates an aptitude for learning new concepts and technologies on the job
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality and professional customer service to both internal and external customers
In addition, you should have the following:
- This role is a unique opportunity to learn and develop professional skills and abilities across multiple functional areas of a high tech company post your bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with bookkeeping and/or travel and expense SaaS solutions a plus
Aside from our supportive culture, Koverse employees enjoy some of the best benefits in tech:
- Hybrid model – work-from-home + in-office hybrid options
- Team lunch during on-site days
- Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- Occasional travel for company-wide meetings and social events
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: Low employee premiums with multiple levels of coverage available
- Company-paid life insurance
- Parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Referral program
Apply now to join the team!
If this sounds like you, please send a resume along with a brief paragraph highlighting why you would make a great addition to the Koverse team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Koverse enables organizations to create and use data intelligence. Our technology is trusted by global industry leaders in biopharma, finance, government, professional services, and high tech. Our founders are former NSA data architects who created Apache Accumulo, the fast and scalable data store with cell-level security. Accumulo is the foundation for the Koverse Data Platform (KDP). Koverse is a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC with hubs in Seattle, Denver, and the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore metro areas.